DATES TO REMEMBER & CURRENT EVENTS:
- Friday, December 2 - Grades 5 - 8 will attend "The Nutcracker Ballet" at the Grand Theatre
- Saturday, December 3 - Shepherd's Day Retreat (Grade 2 and Parents)
- Feast of the Immaculate Conception (Holy Day of Obligation) Masses:
Wednesday, December 7 6:30 PM
Thursday, December 8 8:00 AM; 4:00 PM
- Friday, December 9 - No School - Marathon Teacher in-Service
- Sunday, December 11 - St. Mary's Christmas Cantata 12:00 PM (Church)
- Wednesday, December 14 - First Reconciliation 6:00 PM (Grade 2)
- Monday, December 19:
St. Mary's Christmas Program (6:30 PM)
- December 24 - January 2, 2017 - Christmas Break (No School)
- Christmas Eve Masses December 24th:
4:00 PM, 6:30 PM, Midnight
- Christmas Day Mass 9:00 AM
- New Year's Eve and New Year's Day Masses will follow the regular weekend schedule (Saturday at 4:00 PM and Sunday at 8:00 and 10:30 AM)
Congratulations to our first quarter Honor Roll students.
- 4K, 5K and 1st grade had a wonderful time at Willow Springs. Thanks to Home and School for providing the transportation for this fun field trip.
- Thanks to a grant from the Marathon School District Foundation, St. Mary's School kicked off our cultural diversity unit with Wisconsin Heritage Week beginning with a Square Dancing Demonstration by Mr. Brock Jansen. The lumber industry was an important part of Marathon City's history. We thank Mr. Phil Menzner of Menzner Lumber for donating the wood blocks for our projects as we discussed the lumber industry. To cap off the week students visited the Heritage Center to see all the marvelous memorabilia from the Marathon area. Check out the "Wedding Whispers" display. Special thanks to Joe and Anna Straub and the Heritage Center Committee for sharing these artifacts with the public. We also made our own butter from cream and shared samples of German foods. In October we learned about Native American Culture. Take a peek at our amazing week of learning.
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
Link to Past Events
Don't forget to pick up your Scrip for all your shopping needs! You may purchase Scrip after weekend liturgies or any school day in the office. (On line order form available under Parents' Page/Forms.)
The RStore and Marathon School District Endowment Fun have teamed up to raise money for the endowment fund. (See details)
The Marathon School District Foundation supports our local school district by giving scholarships to students, grants for teachers, and holding the “making a difference” program for all the teachers and staff in our school district. Our mission statement: "To provide all Marathon students & those dedicated to education with opportunities to achieve continued educational excellence." (Link)